Beta Fl_TeacherTool for Edubuntu

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Sep 5 19:31:39 BST 2007

I have a clue as to why bypassing X encryption breaks fl_teachertool.  With X encryption
on I get this error:

VNC viewer version 3.3.7 - built Mar  8 2007 21:56:52
Copyright (C) 2002-2003 RealVNC Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1994-2000 AT&T Laboratories Cambridge.
See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.
Couldn't convert 'mmeurer' to host address
Unable to connect to VNC server

And fl_teachertool USER field has the client IP listed, and HOST has the username.

But with it off and I open fl_teachertool USER and HOST fields are switched.  Now USER
has the username, and HOST has the IP.

My guess is that whatever command you use to grab these variables reports in reverse
order with x unencrypted.  With a couple clues I could probably help you find out why.

Thanks,
Jim