Beta Fl_TeacherTool for Edubuntu

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Sep 5 17:12:47 BST 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:56:06 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote
> Well, I gave it a whirl.  I can run TeacherTool and see a list of logged in
> users and the ip of the terminal they are at.  However I can not view
> processes, monitor, control, etc.  I assume I have missed a few things.  The
> only step from below I performed in the client chroot is step 1 (I took the
> different links and emails and tried to put a full list together in the order
> I did them), everything else was done on the server.  I have not rebooted the
> server, only my test client.

I just emailed Matt Oquist to see if the xterminator program kills things that are
started with /etc/rc2.d/S99rc.local.  This could be why it isn't working for me.

Actually, I just ran my client shutdown script and the client shut down properly, so I
assume the xterminator runs before S99rc.local scripts are started.

Jim