Firefox pixmap cache problem (somehow mixed with gnome-cups-icon problem)

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Sep 5 16:03:42 BST 2007

Does anyone on this list actually know (personally) a Firefox developer?
Sometimes it's just nice to be able to point an issue like this out to
someone as well as put it in a bug report.  This is a potentially big
issue.  I was able to confirm what Jim ran into.  The sites he pointed me
to brought Firefox and subsequently my terminal to a screeching halt.  All
I could do is power off.  Opera on the other hand was able to load those
same sites fine...so we know it ain't the hardware.  Jim has potentially
found the issue, but if too many people run into this problem on their own
Edubuntu installations...we could lose confidence and ground.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org