xubuntu logout

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 09:23:11 BST 2007

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007, Javier Tibau wrote:

> The problem I've found is that when logging out of the xfce session the
> dialog gives me the option of shutting down (also restart, logout, etc...) I
> did give a try. It shuts down the server. This is of course troublesome,
> since if 20 thin clients are logged in, any one of them can shut the whole
> thing down. Has anyone already stumbled with this?
> I guess I could find the option inside the xfce configuration files to
> remove that functionality. But I would have to do it for every user, and
> theoretically the user could enable it again, since it would be his .conf
> file. Also every new user added would be able to shut down the server
> (provided I forgot).

A quick search on google led me to the XFCE documentation.

	http://www.xfce.org/documentation/4.2/manuals/xfce4-session#xfsm-kiosk-mode

which seems to be suggesting you add lines to a file in /etc/xdg/.  I've
never done this so you'll have to play around and see can you get it to
work.

> Does this qualify as a bug? Functionally, I guess it is.

Probably not really, in that edubuntu isn't supported with anything other
than gnome (which doesn't exhibit this issue) and the xubuntu guys aren't
really expecting you to use thin clients.  If it is a big, it would be in
xubuntu.