Beta Fl_TeacherTool for Edubuntu

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:37:46 BST 2007

Okay I have finished a beta version of Fl_TeacherTool for Edubuntu.
Here are the installation instructions. I have not tested everything.
I would recommend testing this on a sandbox first (just in case it
sends your server to /dev/null  :). Please send me bug reports.

to setup x11vnc on clients:

http://doc.edubuntu-fr.org/clientleger_x11vnc
include -shared option in x11vnc command

there is an english version
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/InstallX11VncOnLtspClients

but it did not have the cp sources.list line
Don't forget to exit the chroot

download fl-tt source from here

http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/fl_teachertool-041-ltsp5.tar.gz

apt-get install build-essential
apt-get install libfltk1.1 libfltk1.1-dev
apt-get install libxpm-dev     for pixmaps
apt-get install vnc4server
apt-get install xtightvncviewer
apt-get install zlib1g-dev
apt-get install libjpeg-dev
apt-get install xscreensaver

untar my tarball then
make && make install

chmod +x /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

as root
edit /etc/X11/app-defaults/XScreenSaver

near the beginning of the file there should be this line

*mode:                  random

replace the word "random" with "blank" (no quotes)

download vncreflector source code
from here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vnc-reflector/

untar
make
cp vncreflector /usr/bin

follow step 2-5 here for control/monitor
http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/installationk12ltsp.html#monitor

Hopefully I have not forgotten anything.
Oh, fl_teachertool must be run as root

Be patient with this version as it runs slower than it did on k12ltsp.

I am also currently developing version 0.50. Enjoy.

--
Robert Arkiletian