xterminator

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Sep 4 20:47:57 BST 2007

Matt, I have let the users test the xterminator program today without their knowledge :-)

So far I have not had a single stale process left, or a single complaint about login
problems.

The only thing I noticed is that login time increased significantly (if you consider
around 5 seconds considerable :-)  I used to click login and was immediately presented
the edubuntu splash then my desktop, now I have a blank screen for around 5 seconds then
see things as normal.  I assume there is no way around this and don't see it as a big
deal as long as all the other problems have been fixed.

Jim

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 17:37:00 -0400, Matt Oquist wrote

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
453-5188