ctrl+alt+backspace = frozen term screen

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Sep 4 19:55:33 BST 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:05:22 -0700, john wrote
> Hi all,
>
> When I was using ltsp 4.2/ubuntu 6.10 last year if I student locked
> their screen and left, the teacher could kill the xsession by doing
> ctrl+alt+backspace and get the greeter again. This year, using
> Edubuntu 7.04 that action results in a frozen black screen with some
> complaints on it. Is there a new way to kill the xsession that teacher
> can use or do we have to restart the thin client?

I disabled screen locking with pessulus.  That would be a cure for your screen locking
problem.

As far as using ctrl+alt+backspace, it works on my clients.  It may just be that it is
unable to kill the screen saver and that is why things freeze.  Just disable screen
locking and life should be better.

Jim