gnome-cups-icon 100% processor usage

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Sep 4 19:20:21 BST 2007

"Jim Kronebusch" <jim at winonacotter.org> writes:
>Has anyone had top or htop open while students are printing?  Everytime a
>print job is
>sent gnome-cups-icon spikes processor usage on at least one processor
>100%.  I haven't
>seen any slowdowns at this point but it may be a problem in the future.
>I also notice
>that if 3 different printers (or however many are in use) are processing
>jobs at the
>same time I get multiple icons by the clock, one for each printer.
>
>Honestly I don't care to see the icons at all.  Anyone know of a simple
>way to remove
>the gnome-cups-icon so it doesn't consume so much processor and so users
>to have to look
>at all of those icons?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim Kronebusch
>Cotter Tech Department
>453-5188
>

>--
>dangerous content by the Cotter Technology
>Department, and is believed to be clean.
>

>--

Amen...same here...Feisty servers.  I'm doing a lot of testing
today....thus far the xterminator script is not working for me.  And
yes...Jim...those web sites froze my terminal hard.  So I turned off the
terminal....turned it back on....and then logged back in as the
user.....no dice....same processed still hanging...in particular and huge
amount of Firefox!  I used   htop -u username   Is there a better way to
tell?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School