Edubuntu server with one NIC

Javier Tibau jatb86 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 23:43:04 BST 2007

On 9/3/07, Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan at mac.com> wrote:

> Javier,
>
> Where are you in Ecuador? If one of us were to send you a NIC:

In Guayaquil... Which is the other major city btw.

(a) How likely is it that it would get to you?

(b) How much would you have to pay in taxes to accept it?

Not sure. I have gotten shipit cds... So I guess it would be possible.
However I receive no notification upon arrival and have to check every once
in a while. Anyway, thanks for the offer but it may be easier to get it
here. If, I do end up needing a second NIC, it seems I won't after all, I'll
get the cheapest one, seeing as internet access is slow as hell anyway.
Furthermore, we received a fund to work on this project. Even though I gotta
stay in budget, it's not coming out of my pocket directly. I was merely
trying to save a couple of bucks and see if they could be used elsewhere.

I spent a semester during college in Quito--lived with a family a few
> blocks to the west of the airport just off Avenida 10 de Agosto and took
> classes at la Universidad Católica. My college still sends a group to
> Quito every year, I think.

Nice! I have a cousin that went to school there. I study at ESPOL, maybe
you've heard of it. Right now it's supposed to be the best tech school, and
only recently they started work on exchange programs :) I hope you enjoyed
Ecuador and got to travel a lot. There's lots of places to visit.

Todd

--
Javier Tibau