Edubuntu server with one NIC

francois francois.barillon at free.fr
Mon Sep 3 17:19:18 BST 2007

Le lundi 03 septembre 2007 à 16:22 +0100, Gavin McCullagh a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 03 Sep 2007, Javier Tibau wrote:
>
> > I bought a HP ML150 G3 to install Edubuntu on it. After reading a bit, I
> > decided on saving the $100 or so on the second Ethernet card. Now I'm stuck
> > with either LTSP or Internet on my server.
>
> $100?  I would have thought $20 should cover it.  However.
I've bought NIC card for 9 €.

> I use edubuntu with one network card without any complications.
So do I.

Some points to verify :

1. Your router must have dhcp server functions turned OFF (and so you
have to configure the internet connection manualy, including DNS).

2. You have to choose 192.168.0.1 for Edubuntu or
edit /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf

I've got explainations, but in french :
http://doc.edubuntu-fr.org/clientleger_configurer

François