About nvidia 7000m

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 09:39:32 BST 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007, oedha at netscape.net wrote:

> i bought Acer 4520 which has nvidia geforce 7000m? nvidia nforce 610m as the graphic.
> i tried to install Edubuntu 7.04 but the display is not working
> i have download the NVIDIA-Linux..........pkg and also not working

Documentation for setting up binary nvidia drivers for ubuntu (and
edubuntu) is here:
	https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia

It's not clear to me if your card is among those listed as supported by the
driver (neither geforce 7000m nor nforce 610m are in the list) so that
might be the problem.

Do you get any graphical screen at all?

You might get it going (in a limited way) by using the vesa driver.  To do
this, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf, go to the Device stanza for your video card
and change the driver to vesa, eg:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. ATI Default Card"
        Driver          "vesa"
        BusID           "PCI:3:0:0"
EndSection

Then do