Thin Clients freezing in Firefox

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sat Sep 1 15:22:33 BST 2007

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:02:48 +0200, Kai Wüstermann wrote
> Moin Jim!
>
> Am Samstag, den 01.09.2007, 00:21 -0500 schrieb Jim Kronebusch:
> > Thanks for the extra info on this, but it appears my problem is related to running out
> > of memory on the client as increasing the client RAM fixes the problem.  If you could
> > let me know the log file you pulled the "eth1: too many iterations (6) in nv_nic_irq"
> > error from I would love to check out my log to see if I can find it anywhere.
>
> This can show to the network problem. You have NBD Swap. If the client needs
> to swap it increases network traffic.

After doing some searching I found that the error (too many iterations) should be
showing up in dmesg.  I checked my /var/log/dmesg on the server and I do not have this
error anywhere.

However I don't believe that nbdswap is being used at all.  Is there a way to test this?