Thin Clients freezing in Firefox

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sat Sep 1 06:21:39 BST 2007

Thanks for the extra info on this, but it appears my problem is related to running out
of memory on the client as increasing the client RAM fixes the problem.  If you could
let me know the log file you pulled the "eth1: too many iterations (6) in nv_nic_irq"
error from I would love to check out my log to see if I can find it anywhere.

Thanks again,
Jim

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:16:40 +0800, jbarry wrote
> Jim
>
> ok I have recreated mine, but i don't know if they are related to your problem.
>
> my error msg is
>
> eth1: too many iterations (6) in nv_nic_irq
>
> but the symptoms are the same to yours whenever the clients visits
> some network heavy sites they would freeze.
>
> the solutions for me is to create a file  "/etc/modprobe.d/forcedeth"
>
> the file would then contain a line
>
> "options forcedeth max_interrupt_work=10"
>
> on further reading I think my problem is related to my network card a
> gigabit card from nvidia.
>
> the number 10 above is not a magic number but rather its a trial and
> error thing and see what works for you. I don't know yet what is the
> implication when this number is set very high.
>
> jBarry

> dangerous content by the Cotter Technology
> Department, and is believed to be clean.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
453-5188