Thin Clients freezing in Firefox

jbarry jbgonzaga at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 06:16:40 BST 2007

Jim

ok I have recreated mine, but i don't know if they are related to your problem.

my error msg is

eth1: too many iterations (6) in nv_nic_irq

but the symptoms are the same to yours whenever the clients visits
some network heavy sites they would freeze.

the solutions for me is to create a file  "/etc/modprobe.d/forcedeth"

the file would then contain a line

"options forcedeth max_interrupt_work=10"

on further reading I think my problem is related to my network card a
gigabit card from nvidia.

the number 10 above is not a magic number but rather its a trial and
error thing and see what works for you. I don't know yet what is the
implication when this number is set very high.

jBarry