multiple clients requiring different chroots...

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:09:02 GMT 2007

Ok, So I've tried this... creating 2 chroots (the existing working fglrx
containing one) [/opt/ltsp/i386-ati] and a new one by doing a
ltsp-build-client...

So my dhcpd.conf looks like this now:

 host computerlab2 {
     hardware ethernet 00:1a:92:28:1c:12;
     fixed-address 192.168.0.70;
    option host-name "computerlab2";
#   filename "/pxelinux.0";
#   next-server mayserve;
   option root-path "/opt/ltsp/i386-ati";
     if substring( option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9 ) = "PXEClient" {
     filename "/ltsp/i386-ati/pxelinux.0";
     }
    else{
    filename "/ltsp/i386-ati/nbi.img";
     }
   }

It loads the correct rootserver and filename, but then crashes here:

Negotiation: mount: Mounting /rofs on /root/rofs failed: Invalid Argument

I'm not sure about the images created either, for now I just moved the old
image to i386-ati.img. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, any help is much
appreciated...

David Van Assche