Gutsy and the welcome sound

guillermo gromerotw at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 02:33:39 GMT 2007

Hi
I'm having a little problem with sound using gutsy
(server and thin clients). I setup my home dir on the
server machine, I have the welcome sound and other
programs also working properly.

If I login on a thin client everything is fine, but if
I return to the server the welcome sound doesn't play
and some other programs also lost sound support.

The solution (the hard one) is to delete every single
file in my home dir and login again. The welcome sound
can be heard again and every thing returns to normal.

Does anyone know a better solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Guillermo