printing problems

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 04:21:34 GMT 2007

On 29/10/2007, Scott Balneaves <sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 06:05:02PM +1300, Krsnendu dasa wrote:
> > This problem is still outstanding. Can someone please help? We want to
> > go live tomorrow.
> > > [default]
> > >     SOUND=True
> > >     LOCALDEV=True
> > >     NBD_SWAP=True
> > >     SYSLOG=server
> > >     LDM_DIRECTX=true
> > > #[ws053]
> > > #C300 2nd from desk - With Brother HL-1430 Printer
> > > #       LIKE = default
> > >         PRINTER_0_TYPE     = U
> > >         PRINTER_0_DEVICE   = /dev/usb/lp0
>
> Well, you've got the ws035 stanza commented out.  Also, you might want
> to check and see that the hostname resolution is working, or, use
> mac address for the workstation:
>
> [00:11:22:33:44:55]
>
> As well, it might be /dev/usblp0 I can't remember.
>
> Scott

Now when I try to print a test page from CUPS it says that it has
completed the print job. But nothing has printed. The printer is
plugged in and the ip address / mac addresses are right.
Update: Now I am getting the same network host is busy message.

Here is my lts.conf file.

[default]
    SOUND=True
    LOCALDEV=True