FOSS Literacy Software???? was: Edubuntu Ideas, Advocacy, and so forth

francois Barillon francois.barillon at free.fr
Sun Oct 21 22:25:24 BST 2007

Le dimanche 21 octobre 2007 à 19:50 +0100, Gavin McCullagh a écrit :
> The reason I say a "platform" is that the content would ideally not be
> bound up in the software.  It would ideally allow a teacher to craft
> the
> content to their students' language, interests and age group.  On the
> other
> hand, one would want to make as much of the pre-made content available
> as
> possible so every teacher wouldn't have to reinvent it.  I imagine one
> could do this already in SCORM, in which case a set of SCORM packages
> for
> different languages/age-groups and a piece of software for crafting
> literacy-teaching SCORM packages might be a good approach.

I don't know if it's what's you are meaning but I think It could be
useful to have language analysis tools as plugins in a text editor :
- text statistics (nb words, sentences, verbs, nouns, adjectives...)
- grammar analysis, synonyms...

I like the gramadoir project : http://borel.slu.edu/gramadoir/
and I know a french non-free tool named Ideographix :
http://www.lecture.org/productions/logiciels/ideographix.htm

I've read things about Scorms witch I didn't know :
http://babel.enssib.fr/document.php?id=83

but I'd like to get concrete example.

François