Testing Gutsy amd64 and ltsp i386

guillermo gromerotw at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 03:43:54 BST 2007

Hi!
I reisntalled the server and reverted it to use nfs
according to
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPWithoutNFS.
The result remains as before. X doesn't start.
The nfs server is working and the exports file is as
follow:
#/opt/ltsp/i386
192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0(ro,no_root_squash,sync)
/opt/ltsp/i386  (rw,no_root_squash,sync)

What I've noted is that using the default
configuration of gutsy I can read and write on /tmp
and /etc/X11 on the thin client, but if I try to use
nfs it becomes a read only file system. Perhaps this
is the problem.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Guillermo