Customizing Edubuntu's LTSP client to start another session

S. J. van Harmelen svh at dds.nl
Thu Oct 11 22:13:31 BST 2007

Hi list,

Forgive me when posting this to the wrong list, but I realy hope someone
here can give me a pointer or two...

I want to edit Edubuntu's LTSP client so it automaticaly starts an ICA
session instead of an X session.

I want to use Gutsy for this, so I started to work with the latsest
beta. Now the client does (of course) work like a charm, but I can't
seem to find a point to start editting the image.

I do understand the basics, but hope someone can point out some of the
start scrips that I should edit.

Lots of doc's (at least all I could find about ICA and LTPS, but they
where all for LTSP 3 or 4) on the internet point to the inittab (which
makes very good sense), but I can't seem to find this anywhere in the
image?!?! I guess I don't understand the boot-process or am totally
looking in the wrong place?

Sander