Testing Gutsy amd64 and ltsp i386

guillermo gromerotw at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 03:48:56 BST 2007

Hi everyone

I installed Gusty on an AMD64 server then I did
sudo rm -r /opt/ltsp/amd64
sudo ltsp-build-client --arch i386

I got the thin clients running but with a lot of
crashes,so I couldn't do any fine tune in this system.

Next I tried to revert to the old setup using nfs
following the steps on
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPWithoutNFS

But I'm left at the command line whit the message:

BusyBox v1........
(initramfs__

Next I made some changes to the dhcpd.conf file:

filename "/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0"

Again the same problem, but this time is:

Ubuntu gutsy.....
ltsp login:_

I also made some modification on the lts.conf
  screen_01=startx
  screen_02=shell

Also couldn't find anywhere the start_ws.
How can the xserver be started on the thin client?
I'll appreciate your remarks.

Thanks
Guillermo