ltsp-build-client script hangs

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:03:08 BST 2007

On 04/10/2007, Hasan Hasanov <hassanidin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What was the system before?  LTSP5 has higher system requirements for
> > the thin client than LTSP4.
>
> The system is a Pentium III, 996 Mhz, 256 RAM.
>
> Besides the computer can support a stand alone version of Gutsy, it
> should have no problem running as a thin client.

Fair enough :-)  Presumably you didn't have to use any tricks to get it
working with gutsy (eg installing proprietary video drivers, tweaking xorg,
etc.).

In that case, I'd say you might try setting the root password on the
clients, logging in on the text terminal and looking at the logs in
/var/log/ and perhaps the output of the command 'dmesg'.   You could also
have a look at the /etc/X11/xorg.conf and check if it was generated and if
there's something wrong with it (comparison with the standalone might be
interesting).