ltsp-build-client script hangs

Hasan Hasanov hassanidin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:15:39 BST 2007

Updating to ltsp-server-standalone_5.0.36_all.deb fixed the problem with
the ltsp-build-client hang. Thanks!

But I am still having a problem that I did not have before with Feisty.
Some of my thin clients cannot boot. I get to the Ubuntu splash screen
and as the progress bar nears the end, the boot mysteriously fails, and
I get a black screen without any error messages. I am now trying to get
more information about this crash, so I removed "quiet splash"
from /opt/ltsp/i386/boot/pxelinux.cfg/default which now reads:

DEFAULT vmlinuz ro initrd=initrd.img

but I still get no output. When can I control the boot options for the
thin clients?

Pressing Ctrl-Alt_F1 and loging in in text mode results in "Login
incorrect", however I am getting no failed authentication records on the
server.

What is stranger is that this problem occurs only on some of my
computers. I can boot from my Dell Latitude D600 laptop, but it is
impossible from an older hp vectra desktop. I could successfully boot
with that desktop before.

Thanks,
Hasan