Playing long files in a thin client.

guillermo gromerotw at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 08:39:30 BST 2007

Hi.
I have installed edubuntu 7.04 with ltsp support. And
we have 8 pcs working as thin clients.
In our classroom is important to listen to new words
and sentences. For this esdplay is good enough. We
also use xmms but its response is very slow on the
thin clients. Our problem is when we tried to play
long files.
We have tried in the server wavesurfer, kedit,
audacity, gnoise-gnome. But when we use them on the
thin clients the sound just keep coming out from the
speaker of the server. We'll appreciate very much any
help on this subject.

Thanks a lot.
Guillermo