LTSP some LCD monitors hangs during init

Christian Jorgensen chr at acd.com
Tue Nov 27 22:39:39 GMT 2007

Thanks for the reply, Gavin.

Funny thing is that first of all i tried leaving out quiet splash from the
pxelinux.cfg/default after what the other monitors won't start either. After
'*Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local)		[OK]', the cursor
blinks and nothing more happens.
If I press 'enter' i get a prompt:

Ubuntu 7.10 ltsp tty1
ltsp login:

,where i can only login as root.

OK maybe this will help: I log in as root and type 'startx'. This gives at
the end 'Fatal server error: no screens found

There is also some other (minor ?) parse errors in the Section "Monitor":
'Modelname	"CMC 17" AD"'
Looks like there is a quotation too many ? Could this be it ??

Otherwise:
I followed the procedure to get the settings that should work from the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf and my lts.conf is now as follows:

###

[default]
X_HORZSYNC=30.0-60.0
X_VERTREFRESH=60.0-70.0