LTSP some LCD monitors hangs during init

Christian Jorgensen chr at acd.com
Mon Nov 26 09:59:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

Does anyone else have this problem ?

I have 10 identical clients  (MB: type intel 845) and various monitors (CRT
and LCD)

On some monitors after the splash screen, i get a blinking cursor in the top
left corner.

Like if edubuntu is expecting some kind of return that it isn't getting or
maybe the delay is too long.

If I switch the monitor, the same client will work fine. Even if i boot the
client plugging in the monitor only after

the login screen, i get a standard vga mode. Then I can login and log out
and thus the resolution is ok.

In the/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/ lts.conf file i tried settings like

X_MODE_0 = 1024x768

X_COLOR_DEPT = 16

But so far without any result.

Is there some way to  get linux not to wait for confirmation that the image
can be viewed or something ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Keep up the good work,

Regards