Stale Swap FIles (was Re: [K12OSN] LDAP timeout question)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sun Nov 25 20:40:48 GMT 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:17:40 -0800, Matthew Armitage wrote
> Hey Jim, I noticed that when you described your setup that you mentioned a
> tweak to clear out stale swap files. We're having a bit of a problem with that
> in our setups and I was wondering if you could let me know what you did to fix
> that.

Place the following line at the end of /etc/hosts.allow:

nbdswapd: ALL: keepalive

I can't remember if you need to restart the nbd server or not to make this take effect,
I don't think so.  Any how this will time out the old swap files after a few hours of
inactivity.

Jim