Edubuntu routing question -- from external to internal (fwd)

Tom Wolfe twolfe at sawback.com
Wed Nov 21 13:35:26 GMT 2007

So to give some background:

1) I have a large network dominated by Windows AD & Windows clients
2) I have two smaller networks that are dominated by LTS & clients, one is
K12LTSP 6.0, the other is Edubuntu/Gutsy
3) Within the two LTSP networks I do have a few Windows clients and
network printers. I want these printers to be available to all three
networks.
4) I have a firewall/router (Endian) that has two permanent routes, one
pointing to the K12LTSP server, the other to the Edubuntu/Gutsy server.
5) I can ping/access any IP address within the K12LTSP network no problem,
but I'm still trying to figure out how to access IP addresses within the
Edubuntu network.
6) Last week, in an effort to grant access from within the Edubuntu
network to the rest of the network (which worked) I followed the NAT/Thin
Client How-To to enable ip forwarding AND ip masquerading, but I'm
wondering if masquerading is really what I want here since I want all
hosts to be transparent to each other; and I'm wondering if this is what
is screwing things up?

Any pointers?

Regards,
Tom Wolfe