Gutsy thin client autologin

Graham Newland graham.newland at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 22:11:20 GMT 2007

Hi,

Yes, I can login with this username/password manually when the LDM_* lines
are commented out. I built the image with the ltsp-build-client command.
Apart from changing the IP address and adding users, it's a standard
Edubuntu 7.10 installation.

I'm assuming I don't need to do rebuild the image each time I make a change
to lts.conf in the tftproot?

At the moment, the user only exists in /etc/passwd, not
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/passwd. Do I need to make sure the user exists in both
files? If so, is there a correct way to do this? (Sorry if these are basic
questions, I've only recently started playing around with ltsp!)

Thanks
Graham.