user cant loggin thin client

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:39:42 GMT 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, matte at ahavaxthuset.se wrote:

> I have a problem with one of my users.
> The user cant logg in the thin client.

You might get some help from this page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebugThinClientLogin

> The loggin work direkly on the server and using ssh but not on the client.
> Other users can loggin to the system so am a littel confused.

So that user can ssh in to the server?  You should look at the auth logs
(see link above) to verify that a successful authentication happens when
the login fails.

If authentication goes ahead, it might be that his gnome settings are
broken in some way and gnome is dying.  You can take a look at
.xsession-errors in the user's home directory to see if there's anything
nasty there.