Thin Client Manager problems

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 04:47:31 GMT 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 5:02 PM, R. Scott Belford <scott at hosef.org> wrote:
> I will echo this from Robert Arkiletian.  He knows a thing or two about
> this stuff.

Not really. I only pretend to. A little hack here and there goes a
long way. I keep telling my students they are all hackers now. They
love it. Mainly due to the fact they don't know what "hacker" really
means. ;)

> > You could try Fl_TeacherTool. It's not in the Edubuntu repo but this
> > thread has instructions how to install it.
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-users/2007-September/001912.html
> > and this if one if your using ldm_directx
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-users/2007-October/002310.html
>

> Robert, I thought that techertool and Thin Client Manager were one in
> the same.(?)

No. Thin Client Manager (AKA Student Control Panel) is written in
Python/pyGTK by Pete Savage.
https://code.launchpad.net/~petesavage/tcm/trunk

Fl_Teachertool is written in C++/FLTK by me. Although, I now prefer
coding in Python/pyFLTK. Maybe one day in another lifetime, when I
don't have children that wake me up at 6am by singing "old macdonald
had a farm", I will port fl-tt to Python.

--
Robert Arkiletian