My Negative Gutsy Experience

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Nov 13 20:19:35 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 09:33:03AM -1000, R. Scott Belford wrote:

> Have you had a chance, yet, to learn that lts.conf should be in
> /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/ ?

Note that on my Gutsy setup it is fetched as /lts.conf via tftp. In
other words:

    /var/lib/tftpboot/lts.conf

When I boot the powerpc clients the client requests:

    /ltsp/powerpc/lts.conf

so:

    /var/lib/tfptboot/ltsp/powerpc/lts.conf

I have the powepc version symlinked to the other one.

(And conversely, powerpc fetches /yaboot.conf.  Go figure.)

I spent 45 minutes looking at my two initrd images and could not
figure out the difference.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org