Thin Client Manager problems

Charles Austin ceaustin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:06:28 GMT 2007

Joe,
Thanks for the link.  I tried that, but still no luck.  I tried a clean
install of Edubuntu server, and did the stuff in the link.  No other
packages have been added to the server.

When I nmap the client, this is what I get:
PORT     STATE SERVICE
6006/tcp open  X11:6

However, when I try to open a krdc session to the client from the server,
krdc just hangs without connecting.

None of the other features of the Thin Client Manager are working either.  I
wonder if there is some Thin Client Manager configuration I need to do?  The
only conf file I can locate that might be relevant is
 /var/lib/dpkg/info/thin-client-manager-backend.conffiles
but I am a novice at the scripting language in use there (python?).

Any help would be great,
Charles