panel encountered a problem

Bob Wooden bobwdn at watsonboyce.com
Mon Nov 12 20:14:42 GMT 2007

I have successfully built a newer Edubuntu server.  When users perform
their initial login, we are getting four (4) error messages.

The first messages states: "The panel encountered a problem while
similar but is for "Deskbar_Applet."  The third is for
"GNOME_FasrUserSwitchApplet."  and the last is for "GNOME_MixerApplet."

These four items are missing from the desktop, and yet the client
appears to work fine.

How important are these applets and are there absence effecting the
desktop function?