edubuntu multiusers!

lucas antoine cooluhuru34 at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 12 06:56:07 GMT 2007

Hello,
I install edubuntu on a school whith more than 100 students, with differents levels!

I don't understand the :

chroot /opt/ltsp/
adduser toto

because when I log on my thin client, I always have the users/passwords I use on the servers
So i want to know how to use the configuration and users used by the "ltsp-update-image" comands!!
When I log on thin client, I always have the servers configuration, and I can only use the servers's users.

chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
adduser toto
exit
ltsp-update-image

should create a user toto in the LTSP image.

But I can't use it a the login screen on my thin client. I only can use the server's user.

Also :
apt-get remove wine
chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
apt-get install wine
exit
ltsp-update-image

should remove wine on the server, and install it on the  image used by the thin client.

When I boot on my thin client, I don't have wine installed, but I have all the applications installed on my server, not those I installed in trhe LTSP image.

Any Idea???