gutsy kiosk mode

Reiner Schmid reischmid at gmx.de
Sun Nov 11 08:03:48 GMT 2007

Hello,

> > in Feisty kioskmode it was not necessary to change something in the settings of firefox

Sorry I made a mistake. It was necessary to change the firefox settings in Feisty to work , too.

> >If you manually set a proxy through your server, can you make it work?

Yes, now firefox works now with proxy settings.

vlc-streaming:
By the way in the past I had difficulties with the sound on my kiosk- video stream clients. (error message of vlc:no dev/dsp found )

Now my solution:
The problem was the pulse-audio package. I removed it in my kiosk-path (opt/ltsp-kiosk/i386) and now video-streaming works with full sound.

Fine to have a video-streaming network based on Edubuntu Gutsy. It is easy to change to the (normal) client mode by changing the nbdport in the file
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default

for the videostream-clients:
DEFAULT vmlinuz ro initrd=initrd.img quiet splash nbdport=2002

for the normal client-mode:
DEFAULT vmlinuz ro initrd=initrd.img quiet splash nbdport=2000

Perhaps this information could help someone  ;-)

Reiner