Wine problems on client

Clay Berlo clay.berlo at dsbn.edu.on.ca
Thu Nov 8 14:04:40 GMT 2007

I get the same kind of issue running Geometer's Sketchpad under WINE.
I've upgraded the server to Gutsy to try resolve this, but it only helps
marginally.  Initially, it looked like the problem was with DRM.  Since
upgrading, I no longer get this message, but the speed isn't great
(better, but definitely not great).

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 20:35 -0500, Steve Jackson wrote:

> I can't help with your immediate problem, which I have never seen, but
> I have tried running Inspiration in Wine using Edubuntu Feisty. The
> graphics performance on our terminals was terribly laggy. I never dug
> into why this would be, because we found performance in a Win2K
> VirtualBox to be much better.
>

> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 12:22 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
>

> I have recently installed wine to try and get Inspiration running on
> our thin clients.
> Strange this is wine works perfectly when run as a user on the
> server.  But when I run
> it on a thin client, it bumps me out of my session and leaves me at a
> login prompt.
> Just to test I am running "wine notepad".  Ideas?
>
> Jim Kronebusch
> Cotter Tech Department
> 453-5188

> dangerous content by the Cotter Technology
> Department, and is believed to be clean.

Clay Berlo <clay.berlo at dsbn.edu.on.ca>
DSBN Technical Services