local devices (specifically usb thumbdrives) not working on edubuntu Gutsy

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:29:15 GMT 2007

Hi Jim,
   The fuse group error is indeed a common one, it just means, look
inside users and groups, and make sure the users have the priviledges
for reading local devices and block devices (fuse), one of the tick
boxes there. However, my error is more ecclectic as I've been through
this document thoroughly: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebugLocalDev
I get to the last step, where I cannot mount /tmp, even though I see
all the local device directories under /tmp/.username-ltspfs/

Kind Regards,
David