GDM login asks only password on login failure

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Mon Nov 5 21:50:40 GMT 2007

Bill Moseley wrote:

> The problem is only on my Edubuntu Gutsy setup, so seems specific to
> Edubuntu.

Is this possibly due to the ssh connection made by the clients?  It
seems so since 3 password attempts is a norm for ssh.  Would it work if
an alternative to ssh were used?  Perhaps appending

SCREEN_0=startx

to lts.conf would restore the client's login to the same behavior as one
is accustomed to with a workstation or server login where one interfaces
directly with gdm/X11 without ssh.(?)

The class at issue just went into session, but I will test this shortly.

--scott