GDM login asks only password on login failure

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Nov 5 18:16:22 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 07:46:08AM -1000, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> This is a *critical* *bug* that is undermining an otherwise successful
> installation.  Its presence denies the teacher the most fundamental
> right in a classroom - to correct a mistake.

I have a few show stoppers at this time.  I don't mind spending time
trying to resolve them, but since I'm new to the thin client setup I'm
killing a lot of time just trying to find basic information.

Our school uses a lot of on-line resources and it's common to need a
working flash setup.

And, well, not being able to get our existing "fleet" of old iMacs to
boot off the network is kind of a problem, too.

> I have dug through documentation and googled all I can, but I cannot see
> how to change the default login behavior.

Do you understand how the parts work to get the login on the clients?
I have a gdm.conf on my server but not in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc.  This
just doesn't seem like that complicated of a problem -- after all the
login on the server works correctly so I'd think that login setup
could be used on the clients.

> I am watching teachers lose precious class time helping the students
> with this.  After 4 years of the K12LTSP, this is becoming a
> show-stopper for them.

You mean the move to Gutsy from K12LTSP?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org