Edubuntu overheating on laptop

Oliver Grawert ogra at
Fri Nov 2 14:47:16 GMT 2007

Am Freitag, den 02.11.2007, 07:24 -0700 schrieb Stephen Rees:
> Hi,
> Sorry it took so long to get back to this....
> Yes, fan and thermal are loaded.
> I'll probably switch the laptop over to SuSE or Mandriva this weekend if I can't find a way around the laptop overheating.
are the /apps/gnome-power-manager/cpufreq/policy_ac
and /apps/gnome-power-manager/cpufreq/policy_battery gyonf keys set to
ondemand as they should be ? (check with gconf editor ...)

if they are both set to ondemand, there must be a process that drives
your CPU up to 100% so check whats currently running and making the
machine go mad by running top in a terminal.