7.04 Install hangs on Toshiba Tecra M2

Harry Sweet hsweet at gcsny.org
Fri May 18 21:53:32 BST 2007

If you can't get E to work you could install K and once in install
whatever packages you wanted in E.  I don't think one is really too
different at heart.

You also might just have a crappy CD burn.   Try burning the image again
as slowww as you can.  It's happened to me.

>>> "Dave Rockwell" <drockwell at rfkchildren.org>  >>>
LiveCD comes up fine, click on install and it hangs foreever, thrashing
the CD drive, displaying a blank white window titled INSTALL.

Only the EDUBUNTU 7.04 desktop i386 release behaves this way.
The KUNTUNTU 7.04 desktop i386 release installs fine.

I have tried several pieces of media and several different computers of
this model, all behave the same.
any ideas or workarounds?

David Rockwell - Information Technology Teacher
   RFK Children's Action Corp -Lancaster School
978-365-2805 fax 978-368-3066
 drockwell at rfkchildren.org