xsession-errors

Thomas Lutz lutzt at gmx.net
Mon May 14 12:51:29 BST 2007

Hello,

we have installed 7.04 on a HP ProLiant ML350 with Intel Xeon Dual Processor three weeks ago and kept having problems with performance, thin-clients connecting and logging in etc. some of which have been discussed here recently.

Now two apparently interconnected detail-problems: when calling up a web-page with flash, firefox keeps trying to show the flash-application without success. At the same time, the user's file .xsession-errors is endlessly filling with error-messages. Last week one user's file reached the size of 48GB (ok, we are going to set quota now). But there should be a way a) to fix the behavior of firefox and gnome, b) to limit the size of the error-file?

Not being a linux expert, I'd be grateful for hints where to start.

Thanks
Thomas