Stand alone system for 5-8 yr olds

Richard Weideman richard.weideman at canonical.com
Fri May 11 12:09:55 BST 2007

Hi Rodney,

Have you considered installing Edubuntu ?

It has some great education applications for your kids age group,
including the KDE Education suite, and a bunch of games.

You'll still have all of the Ubuntu goodness if you go this route, a lot
of our education team and community, including myself, use this for our
daily work.

Alternatively, you can just install the education packages into Ubuntu
using the Add/Remove programs menu item, and selecting the education and
games sub-section.

Let me know if you want a list of the standard apps we install with
Edubuntu. I can get this together early next week.

Richard

--
Richard Weideman
+27 (83) 321-2233