wheel mouse problems con't

john lists.john at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:06:10 BST 2007

Whoops,

My apologies for a two part request for help. I hit send before I was done
describing my problem.

My servers running 6.06 lts desktop are running:
 x11-common 7.0.0-0ubuntu45

The relevant section of the xorg.conf page looks like:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

And my workstation running 6.10, on which the optical wheel mouse scrolls
just fine is running:
1:7.1.1ubuntu6.2

The relevant section of the xorg.conf page looks like:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

both computers are running the psmouse module

Anyway I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks!

John