Updating the Edubuntu thin client boot stuff

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 09:02:51 BST 2007

Hi Scott,

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Scott Ledyard wrote:

> I've heard people talk about a need to update the part of the system that
> the thin clients boot from. Is this what is stored in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/?
>
> Does this get updated automatically during regular updates or is there a
> special process to update it? If so, when does it need updating?

The stuff running on the server (all of the applications) are part of the
automatic upgrades which the orange icon in the top right corner prompt you
for.  The LTSP chroot is not automatic, but given how little is actually
stored in the LTSP chroot, it's probably not so critical to upgrade it
regularly.

The full process is described in the cookbook here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToCookEdubuntu/Chapters/LTSPManagement