Primary-level English applications for Edubuntu?

Eva Cheng eva.cheng at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 20 22:11:57 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am a volunteer with Engineers Without Borders Australia on a project
that aims to equip an e-Education Centre at the Uluru Children's Home
in Tamil Nadu, India. Uluru is for abandoned and orphaned children
aged from 3 months to 14 years. The e-Education Centre consists of a
network of computers running Edubuntu, and will be used primarily to
reinforce and complement the children's regular primary school-based
education in English, Maths and Science.

I am looking for software applications to complement the school
curriculum (particularly for English) suitable for Edubuntu or Windows
(we are emulating using wine). Can anyone suggest applications
suitable for primary-age English (particularly English grammar), or
does anyone have any experience in developing educational applications
and content for a primary school curriculum who can help with some
pointers on how to get started with content creation?

Thanks!
Eva