Refresh default settings on reboot

Simon Ruiz sruiz at mccsc.edu
Tue Mar 6 17:58:12 GMT 2007

Hey Scott,

Well, to be honest, that was given to me fully formed by a friend. I suppose it means the same a .* except that there must be at least 2 characters, thus protecting "." from deletion although rm has a built in protection against deleting ".".

My guess is that my friend is used to using this sort of command with all sorts of utilities, some of which maybe aren't as intelligently designed as rm.

A pipe is unnecessary, as the find command can -exec the necessary action on any file that meets the test (-iname '.?*')

I'll need to take a look at the .deb files you pointed out, thanks. In my experience they sometimes work and sometimes don't in Ubuntu.

Hope this finds you all doing well!

Sim?n