/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off (initramfs)

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 12:33:29 BST 2007

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007, Krsnendu dasa wrote:

> I am running the latest build of Edubuntu Gutsy (Tribe 2) running as a
> vmware vm. It was working ok yesterday then I updated all the packages
> that were offered by the system and now I get this error on my vmware
> client when it tries to log in.
>
> I have googled, but I have not found any solution for this problem for
> ltsp clients.

Do you mean the thin clients are giving the above error?

If so, I'd suggest you recreate the ltsp chroot.

	mv /opt/ltsp/i386 /opt/ltsp/i386-old
	/usr/sbin/ltsp-build-client

though a combination of these two commands might sort it out

	sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 /usr/sbin/update-initramfs -k all -u
	sudo /usr/sbin/ltsp-update-kernels