feisty package upgrade problems was Re: edubuntu-users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 32

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:29:27 BST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, David Ally wrote:

> There are some issues I have with Edubuntu Feisty,i.e 7.04, I couldn't
> shutdown the system from gnome desktop

Not sure about this.  Does it take a very long time or does it not work at
all?  Does the shutdown menu come up, can you click on it?  Exactly what
happens?

> and when I applied the recent update of 25 june 2007, the system's response
> to mouse activities on the desktop beame very slow. I had to select
> desktop items like icons etc and wait for say 30 secs before they
> respond.

Can you open the synaptic package manager and click "file->history" and
then tell us what updates you applied on 25/06/2007?

If we can figure out what package caused the problem you can probably
downgrade again and report the problem.